Security and Privacy
We do appreciate that remembering passwords can be tricky, but setting effective and secure passwords on all the sites you use is vital in combating possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
It’s best to avoid using the same password for each of your online accounts, because if a criminal gains access to it, all your accounts could be at risk. Multiple passwords keep you safer.
When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, and something that’s very personal to you. Most sites these days will set a minimum number of characters to use, but do avoid using obvious phrases like “password”, or your name, or phone number.
Keep yourself safe from malware and viruses with adequate, up to date security on your computer. You can usually download free basic protection from providers such as AVG and McAffee, but for more comprehensive cover, it’s best to choose security software. Keep your software switched on and up to date, and make sure that your Windows operating system has the latest Microsoft updates. It’s a good idea to run regular scans on your computer.
When you’re opening emails, be careful. Don’t click on links to download files or open attachments you haven’t asked for, or aren’t expecting, as they may contain viruses.
Back up all your files so they’re available if the worst happens and your computer is infected by a virus.
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us, and we promise never to release your personal details to any outside company for mailing or marketing purposes.
When you make a purchase from our website, we do collect certain personal information from you (for example: your name, email address, payment address and details). All such information is held on secure servers. Women’s Sports Gear complies fully with all applicable Data Protection and consumer legislation, and we’ll treat all your personal information as fully confidential.
In order to serve you most efficiently, reputable third-party banking (including PayPal) and distribution institutions handle our credit card transactions and order fulfilment. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card and to process your order. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
We also use banner advertising on other websites to present you with products we think may be of interest to you, based on your browsing history.
Women’s Sports Gear would love you to be among the first to receive exciting offers and news about our products and services. We do this in various ways including email, post, SMS and phone, but only if you would like us to. However, if you do not wish to hear from us we can take you off our list. The quickest way to do this is to unsubscribe from the last/next e-mail you receive from us. Go to the bottom of the e-mail, click unsubscribe and you will be taken off our e-mail list. Otherwise e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will unsubscribe you from the list.
Don’t forget to visit us online and via social media for other special offers.
Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you’re always in control of what we do with your personal information.
The Women’s Sports Gear customer promise:
- We’ll never pass your personal details to anyone outside of Women’s Sports Gear for them to use for their own marketing purposes
- We’ll only ever use your details to help you make the most of what we have to offer. That means things like:
- Tips and guidance to help you get the best out of your products
- News to help you make informed choices in the things you buy
- Details of new products
- Special offers
- Or simply, to get your feedback
- Tips on health, latest fitness trends, diet news etc.
- We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give us.
- You can opt out at any time, please contact us on email@example.com with the subject of “Please unsubscribe me from your mailinbg list”
- We’ll always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant legislation.
Please do let us know if your details change so that we can continue to stay in touch.
Your transaction security
We realise how important it is to securely store any information that you provide. Women’s Sports Gear maintains the highest levels of security. Our site uses high-level SSL encryption technology, the most advanced security software currently available for online transactions. You can therefore rest assured that we take the privacy and security of your payment and personal details very seriously.
You can tell whether a page is secure as ‘https’ will replace the ‘http’ at the front of the www.womenssportsgear.co.uk in your browser address window. A small locked padlock will also appear in the bottom bar of your browser window.
To give you even more confidence in shopping online with womenssportsgear.co.uk, our checkout process uses Verified by Visa, Mastercard® SecureCode™. These services enhance your existing card account against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
To use these services, you must first register with the bank or other organisation that issued your card.
Once you’ve registered and created your own private password with your card issuer, you’ll be prompted automatically at checkout to provide this password each time you make a purchase.
2. For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Michelle at our address Women's Sports Gear PO Box 7791 Kettering NN16 6NY.
3. By using the Website you consent to this policy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office for this purpose.
Information we collect
4. We will collect personal data on this Website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. Normally you will only provide such details if you [wish to sign up for our free e-newsletter or other resources, or] are making a purchase from us.
5. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data will not identify you personally).
6. Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Women's Sports Gear will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use of your information
7. We may hold and process personal data that you provide to us in accordance with the DPA and GDPR.
8. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you, and to meet our contractual commitments to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
8.1 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
8.2 If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you;
8.3 Where you have consented to receive such information, to provide information on other parties' products or services that we feel may be of interest to you;
8.4 Where you have consented to receive our e-newsletters, from time to time to provide that to you.
Disclosure of your information
9. We may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
10. Where you have consented for us to do so, we may provide your data to selected third parties who may contact you about their goods or services that you may be interested in.
11. If you do not want us to use your data for our [or third parties'] use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide your details to us on the form on which we collect your data, or you can do so by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, or sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
12. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
Controlling the use of your data
13. If you have given us consent to use your data for a particular purpose you can revoke or vary that consent at any time. If you do not want us to use your data or want to vary the consent that you have provided you can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2 or email us at email@example.com at any time.
Where we store and transfer your data
14. As part of the services offered to you, for example through our Website, the information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) as we use remote website server hosts to provide the website and some aspects of our service, which may be based outside of the EEA, or use servers based outside of the EEA - this is generally the nature of data stored in "the Cloud". It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for one of our suppliers, e.g. our website server host, or work for us when temporarily outside of the EEA.
16. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
18. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
19. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
21. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
22. You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Cookies We Use
23.2 The Cookies we use are shown in the table below
||This cookie expires at the end of the browsing session.||This cookie stores various preferences and settings for a users current browsing session. Most of any website's functionality depends on PHPSESSID.|
|These cookies expire 4 Months after they have been set.||These cookies are required to save a visitors cookie preferences.|
|Universal Analytics (Google)||womenssportsgear.co.uk||
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.|
|Advertising cookies that Google serves across the web; the main advertising cookie on non-Google sites is named ‘id’ or ‘IDE‘ and is stored in browsers under the domain doubleclick.net|
|Twitter set a series of cookies on any page that includes a Twitter feed. Women's Sports Gear has no control over the cookies set by Twitter, it appears that the cookie stores information about the feed you are viewing, where you accessed the feed, and details of your twitter account (if you are logged in).When you use a Twitter widget, information about your use of our website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Twitter and stored on servers in the United States.|
||Remembers the user's selected language version of a website.|
|These cookies are required. Woocommerce requires these cookies to keep track of items that have been added to the shopping cart, without them it would not be possible to checkout and buy items from this site. To disable these cookies you will need to disable them in your browser settings.|
||Cookies used by our Newsletter Mailing Service to add people to our mailing list.|
|Newsletter Sign Up||womenssportsgear.co.uk||
||Used to remember when a user has dismissed the newsletter sign up pop up, to prevent it appearing again once it has been dismissed.|
3rd Party Opt Outs
Google AnalyticsTo opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
DoubleClick (Google)To opt out of being tracked by Google's Advertising service DoubleClick , visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your Ad ChoicesTo opt out of being tracked by your Ad Choices , visit http://optout.aboutads.info.
Network Advertising InitiativeTo opt out of being tracked by the Network Advertising Initiative , visit http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
How do I change my cookie settings?
23.3 Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Google Chrome >>
Microsoft Edge >>
Mozilla Firefox >>
Microsoft Internet Explorer >>
Apple Safari >>
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developers website.
24. The DPA and GDPR give you the right to access information held about you by us. Please write to us or contact us by email if you wish to request confirmation of what personal information we hold relating to you. You can write to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to email@example.com. There is no charge for requesting that we provide you with details of the personal data that we hold. We will provide this information within one month of your requesting the data.
25. You have the right to change the permissions that you have given us in relation to how we may use your data. You also have the right to request that we cease using your data or that we delete all personal data records that we hold relating to you. You can exercise these rights at any time by writing to us at the address detailed in clause 2, above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this policy
26. We may update these policies to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Click here to read our Terms and Conditions